Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Day at the Fair

I took a few more pictures this time, I promise!
Friday night I went to my first ever away-game. That's right folks, I follow my team wherever they go! Even if it's just a few miles down the road, but whatever.
After asking a very understanding police officer for a group picture, we realized just how well we had coordinated our outfits. Believe me when I say that this was not planned! Anyways, we continued to cheer on the Rebels as they conquered yet another team that didn't stand a chance against us. 
No one was paying attention during the last quarter, but last time I checked the score we were up 24-0. Like seriously, what else is new? Since we quickly realized that away-games aren't nearly as exciting as home ones, we left early to go to a bonfire. No pictures (sorry!), but the rest of the night basically consisted of Netflix discussions, Instagram catch-ups, and wayyy too many s'mores. But all those calories didn't stop of the next day when...
We went to the State Fair!!
Yes, it's tacky. Yes, it's gross. Yes, it's fattening. But yes, it was a blast.
We rode every rickety, sketchy ride we could manage. These included the Supernova (teacups on steroids), the Extreme, and those infamous swings that spin around a million miles up in the air. Later on we rode a rollercoaster, but I hadn't noticed the bar that we were supposed to have over our laps hadn't been secured! I managed to push it down right before the big drop, otherwise God knows what could have happened! you can never trust those carnival rides...  
Of course, no trip to the fair is complete without a ride on the Ferris wheel!
We were also in that lucky cart that got to stop at the very tippy top, so I had time to snap this snazzy pic:
Not gonna lie, it was pretty sweet.
After we'd had our fill of dizzying, semi-safe rides, we decided to listen to our rumbling stomachs and grab some food. I forgot to get any pictures, but I had a corn dog and...drumroll...six fried Oreos. Six. Where are my fat pants?
Enjoy this last picture of me weighing under 300 pounds. As I'm typing this, I'm coming down with a "fried food" headache. But let me be the first to tell you, it was 100% worth it. I got a batch of Oreos fresh from the deep-fryer, so they were hot, soft, and delicious. Seriously, these could quite possibly be my new favorite food, like ever. The fried dough does something magical to the chocolate cookie, and I swear angels sang when I took my first bite! If we'd had more time I would've tried fried Reese's cups and fried cookie dough (umm, yum!), but the lines were just too long. Next year, they'll be at the top of my list! If your local state fair is in town, I would definitely recommend stopping by for a few hours, it's definitely worth your time!









No comments :

Post a Comment